MSF Testimonials

Alumni

Zulay Sosa Bazante
Class of 2016, Ecuador, Senior Consultant, Deloitte Advisory

Zulay

“The MSF program has been an enriching experience because of our world class professors, diverse student body and countless networking opportunities offered by the College of Business. The coursework of our program provides enough flexibility to build a strong financial foundation in different fields, as corporate finance or asset management. Also, our MSF program is one of the few CFA Program Partners and it prepares and encourages students to become charter holders.  As a student, I have been able to combine previous work experience at a Big Four firm and academic knowledge while working with Illinois Business Consulting, the premier student fee-based consulting organization in the country.  I am very proud to be part of at such a prestigious program and university, known for outstanding resources that foster innovation and leadership!”

Chris Glotzbach
Class of 2016, United States, Senior Trading Assistant, Chicago Trading Company

Chris Glotzbach

“The MSF program has provided me with a great path towards a successful career. The faculty and advisers have helped me when I asked and even when I haven’t. They keep an eye out to help their students achieve goals, not only in business, but also in life.  In addition to that, the MSF program’s wide variety of curriculum has allowed me to take courses that specifically suit my interests moving forward. It is not just the variety though, it is also the quality of the courses.”

Ben Lee
Class of 2016, United States, Active Trader Service Specialist, OptionsHouse

ben lee photo

“I came into the MSF program expecting something similar to my relatively impersonal experience as an undergraduate at a large state university. The level of personal attention, guidance and passion that the staff and professors provide completely blew those expectations out of the water. The events, trips and opportunities to learn provided by the program are abundant and consistently impressive.”

Tanvi Rotkar
Class of 2016, India

Tanvi Rotkar

“Joining the MS Finance program at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign has been the best decision of my life. The program has great professors who are very knowledgeable and come with rich experiences. The learning is phenomenal and the breadth of courses offered is the key highlight of the program. The MSF program is a nexus of people and ideas which has helped me define myself and propel my career. It is an honor to be a part of such a great program.”

Sashikanth Yenika
Class of 2016, India

Sashikanth Yenika

“My time at UIUC has been nothing but an outstanding experience. I am highly thankful for the depth of knowledge the MSF program has armed me with. The support system created by the professors and the faculty is phenomenal in making learning simpler. The 1400+ student organizations on campus provides wonderful opportunities to sharpen skills, gain invaluable experience, network with recruiters, potential recruiters and alumni and gain new lifelong friends. Overall, UIUC gives every chance to be the best student in the country. One has to just go and take it.”

Madina Yunussova
Class of 2016, Kazakhstan
Madina

“As a graduate student in the school of Business, I have felt welcomed by the community of scholars. I opted for the University of Illinois because its unique program is characterized by a rigorous curricula and a high degree of commitment of its faculty members. In addition, the flexibility of the curriculum allows me to customize my classes according to my personal goals and choose a specialization track. What I particularly like about the Business School at U of I is that the  Career Service Center works individually with all of its students and from the very beginning provides valuable insight into working life which is a great advantage for the career start. I strongly believe that a Master in Finance will give me well-founded education and I will be better prepared to meet my professional goals.”

Meruyert Izmukhanova
Class of 2014, Kazakhstan, Senior Consultant, PricewaterhouseCoopers

Meruyert Izmukhanova

“I am very proud and so happy to be part of MSF Program! I had a great opportunity to take classes from the best professors ever, to meet good friends from all over the world, to acquaint myself with American culture and traditions. This program was extremely helpful for me in my future career development. I got job offers as soon as I graduated from the University. Want to say big thanks to all Our MSF Family for experiencing such unforgettable year in my life!”

Yang Song
Class of 2012, China, Founder & CEO, Beijing ShiShiChuan Media Co., Ltd.

Yang

“I was not really a man with entrepreneurial spirit, but the UIUC MSF program changed me. With an original career thought of working under the investment banking system, I chose my focus on Corporate Finance. I soon discovered that most of my lecturers have their own firms, and their teachings are not limited to common facts in finance, but cover many aspects of the real-world business operation and management. Throughout my one-year study in the program, not only did student-oriented course settings give me a deep knowledge of financial markets, but they also enlightened me on running my own business, not to mention worldwide connections and the broad social network provided by the program itself. To me, the MSF program is more than an education, but an essential experience for the preparation of my future career.”

Unnati Thapar

Class of 2015, India, International Valuations, Deloitte Financial Advisory Services

Unnati Thapar

“I consider myself truly fortunate to have completed my Master’s degree in Finance from the College of Business at the University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign.  As a newcomer to the field of Finance, I received tremendous support from the experienced and knowledgeable faculty at the college. The program structure,  focus on individual personal development, case studies, team-based approach to learning and interaction with classmates and faculty from many different cultures was a truly stimulating and rewarding experience.”

Haifeng (Javier) Xu
Class of 2015, Investment Banking Senior Associate, Guotai Junan Securities

Haifeng Xu

“MSF program at UIUC is definitely the best program for me. I liked Oltheten’s financial modeling courses best because there are lots of models to be built at work.  I asked her as many questions as possible. As a result, now many colleagues in my department will turn to me for help when they want to build a formula in excel or they can’t find Bloomberg add-ins.”

Yiqi (Delia) Ye
Class of 2015, China, Business Valuation Associate, Deloitte Financial Advisory Services

Yiqi (Delia) Ye

“The MSF program itself is among the first of its kind in the U.S. and provides a well-designed, diversified curriculum. The university is situated near the third largest city in the U.S. which is very attractive for me as I am interested in working in the Chicago area. MSF students also get access to plenty of career building resources, and the responsible advisors, professors and faculties can be of great help to students that are proactively reaching out to them.”

Yuland Zou
Class of 2014, China, CFO of Brazil Branch, TCL Corporation.

Yuland Zou

“This MSF program truly offers a perfect blend of financial theory and practices. Coming from purely the background as an accounting controller, the program helped me nurture and develop my modeling skills on asset pricing as well to fully comprehensive on financial risk management by each problems set, and these skills are really an eye-opener on my career for financial management. So, if you are a candidates want to sharpen your understanding on latest dazzling financial market for your future career advancement, this program can help you achieve it, as it did for me.”